Looking to get into water sports, but don’t know where to start? There are plenty of options for you to enjoy the great outdoors out on the lake, ocean, and more. Here are the five most popular water sports and activities in the United States for you to try out during your next time out on the shore.
- Boating and sailing: Boating tops the list of most loved water activities, with about 141.6 million Americans having gone boating in 2016. Popular choices of boat include pontoon boats, sailboats, kayaks, and more. This activity isn’t just limited to the ocean; rivers, lakes, ponds, and more can all be the perfect setting for this activity, so long as they’re big enough to hold the boat.
- Kite surfing: This popular sport combines a variety of land sports with a few other water sports to create one extreme experience. Kite surfers are propelled across the waves by using a kite to capture the wind. Just make sure you’ve got good balance for this sport, or else you might end up in the water sooner than you planned.
- Scuba diving: An activity that’s fairly popular among vacationers and sight-seers, scuba diving allows you to enjoy the beautiful views deep underwater. While some may opt for a shallower dive, some divers go more than a thousand feet under the surface.
- Snorkeling: Snorkeling is another popular vacation water activity. Designed for a slightly more casual experience than scuba diving, snorkeling allows swimmers to take good, long looks at underwater life; be sure to pick an interesting site for this activity to get the best views possible.
- Windsurfing: Windsurfing, similar to kite surfing, uses the wind to power the surfer across the water. However, this sport is more similar to sailing; the board features a sailboat-like sail that the user holds onto while standing on the board. This helps them direct themselves through the waves.
Looking to get into boating? Contact Family Marine to see the wide selection of new premier pontoons for sale, along with a variety of premier pontoon parts and used premier pontoons for sale as well.