If you do an internet search for “Lester Hayes stick um” you will find a grown man covered in all kinds of strange things. Underneath the grass clippings, random pieces of trash, and an overall layer of fuzz you will see one of the best National League Football players in a Oakland Raiders uniform. Dingier looking than the other defensive backs of his time, Hayes’ black jerseys were spotted with unidentifiable white flecks and his white pants were covered in any many of darker trash. Hayes was certain that the fact that if body and uniform were covered in stick um he would be able to get more interceptions.
The use of any spray adhesive was later banned by the NFL, but you still might find some small town high school football players spraying tough skin on football gloves and then put tossing them in industrial dryers in the field house before the big Friday night games. The same tough skin that is applied before wrapping an ankle, serves as the magic that many high school football athletes think gives them to edge to win their big games.
Sports Hand Grip Spray Creates Sticky Football Gloves and Golf Grips
Even if you have http://www.mysuitesandco.com never found yourself playing in a big game on a high school gridiron on Friday night or on a professional field in the NFL you have likely wished that you could find a way to get a better grip in a sport that you have played. Whether it is a tennis racket flying out of your hands during a big match or a golf club slipping on an important putt, many athletes are always looking for a way to make their game of choice a little bit more successful.
Fortunately, there are a number of sports hand grip sprays on the market that can help you reach a higher level of success. Consider some of these facts and figures about the most awesome football gloves and the best golf glove for sweaty hands and the athletes that are looking for a way to come out on top:
- About 25,000 fewer high school athletes played football in 2018 when compared to 2017, but finding a spot on a college team can still be a challenge. For this reason, a number of athletes use sports hand grip spray to give themselves an edge.
- 13.12% of respondents between the ages of 18 and 29 years stated they play golf in 2018, so many of these people were looking for a way to get the best grip to make them succeed.
- Regulation golf balls must have a diameter of more than 1.680 inches and weigh less than 1.620 ounces, so one of the only ways that golfers can get a real advantage is by finding a way to improve their grip.
- Drivers made from maple, steel, titanium, ceramic, and all other materials all have a distance within 1% of one another, serving as another indicator that a better grip can give a golfer a real advantage.
- As recently as the 2016-17 year, participation in high school football amounted to 1.09 million, so there are still many players who are looking at the equipment they use to give them an edge.
From tacky golf grips to sticky football gloves, if you have a sport that you love you want to have the right kind of equipment to help you perform your best. Even if you are not Lester Hayes.