This is the time of year when finding a boat for sale seems like a silly wish. As many parts of the country deal with record amounts of snow, cold temperatures, and now flooding, days at the lake can seem like a pipe dream. Finding the right way to prepare for the eventual warm weather and days at the lake are the only things that help some people make it through another forecast for snow this weekend.
A boat for sale, just like snowmobile for sale, are seasonal offerings that are not always easy to find buyers for. As soon as the right weather arrives, however, these items often become hot ticket items.
Recreational Vehicles Play Important Roles in the Lives of Many Families
From Sea Doo dealers in Michigan to companies that sell motorcycle equipment in the midwest, there are plenty of recreational vehicles that can help families make the most of their time away from work. Knowing that the kids will continue to join you in family vacations to the lake, for instance, is just one of the reasons that families continue to be on the lookout for the right boat for sale. In a time when more and more families struggle to find time away from the 24/7 temptation of technology, it should come as no surprise that there are many families who look forward to time at the lake, time in the snow, and time almost anywhere else in the great outdoors.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the roles that recreational vehicles play in the lives of many families, as well as the impact that they have on the economy of the nation:
- More than 15 million boats are currently in use in the U.S.
- 472,000 motorcycles were sold in the U.S. in the year 2017.
- Almost 41,000 all-terrain vehicles were sold in the U.S. just between January and March of 2017.
- There are more than 1.2 million registered snowmobiles in the U.S. and over 600,000 registered snowmobiles in Canada.
- 87 million U.S. adults participate in recreational boating.
- The total amount of revenue from recreational boats sold in the U.S. was $3.6 billion in 2016.
This is the time of year when it can seem like the warm summer weather will never really get here. If you are looking for a way to make sure that you make it through these last few weeks, you might consider getting out your boat or jet ski and start dreaming of your days on the water.